At Sutherland Day Nursery we wholeheartedly believe that, in order to be optimised, children's learning needs to be enjoyable. Learning through play certainly produces excellent results!
Learning can be enhanced by play through:
- things children make themselves
- activities devised by them
- sound and visual stimulation from the surrounding environment
- the language they use with others
- resources provided by adults
- activities arranged for them
In this way, children learn about the world, gain new experiences, make friends, improve their concentration and communication skills, as well as make significant progress physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually.
We firmly believe in creating opportunities for children to take risks within our safe parameters, to experiment, to build on their natural curiosity as learners, and to be imaginative.